The Mission

I've been so touched by the people of the Philippines -- I will be traveling to the Philippines many times over the next several years, helping with special needs children, helping Christian schools with curriculum and staff development, and even getting some new schools started. Along the way I will be helping local churches by providing school supplies for the children, as well as Bibles and other needs of the church. Join me as I help spread the Good News of Jesus Christ while helping to educate many of the "throw-away" kids of Bohol and the Central Visayan islands of the Philippines.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Blogging Blues

The other day I wrote about how important it is to write a blog article every day.  In theory, the more often you write, the more readers you will attract.  The more readers means having a higher ranking, and so on.  I also said that I wasn't concerned about my ranking, which is still true; however, the reason I am writing this blog is to share my thoughts and experiences about my upcoming missions trip to the Philippines.  While I don't care about how my blog compares to other blogs (ranking), I do care about how many people read it -- I'm not doing this just to see my own words on the internet.

I have a few frequent readers -- and I am glad to have them -- but I know that they are family members, plus one other person (I think I know who it is, but am not sure).  Other than that, not much "sharing" is happening!  So I updated my NetworkedBlogs info on Facebook and sent a request to all of my "friends", asking them to follow my blog.  I will only do this once, as I don't ever want to be accused of spamming my Facebook friends.  I've also syndicated my blog on Facebook so that every time I  write an article, it will appear on my "wall".  That way, even if someone hasn't joined my NetworkedBlogs group, my articles will still be available.  I hope several people decide to "follow" me, as I am currently the only person doing so . . . and that looks a little lame, being the only one to follow myself -- geesh!

So if you are reading this and would like to follow my blog, here is your chance!!!



I guess this is a plea for followers.  Even if you don't actually read the articles every day, at least be supportive enough to say that what I'm writing about has some value. Yes, I DO want you to read them every day, but I understand that what's important to me isn't always important to everyone else.  Also, if you also happen to have a blog, I would love to be added to your blog roll, and I will be glad to reciprocate.

And please, don't be afraid to make a comment!  Your thoughts about what I've written are important to me.

I think that's it for today.  Not much news about the Philippines to write about today.  I'm hoping to have an email from Brother Jul this week with news about his latest activities -- he was visiting another church on Bohol on Thursday and Friday -- I will keep you posted.

As always  -- pag-ayo-ayo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment