The Mission

I've been so touched by the people of the Philippines -- I will be traveling to the Philippines many times over the next several years, helping with special needs children, helping Christian schools with curriculum and staff development, and even getting some new schools started. Along the way I will be helping local churches by providing school supplies for the children, as well as Bibles and other needs of the church. Join me as I help spread the Good News of Jesus Christ while helping to educate many of the "throw-away" kids of Bohol and the Central Visayan islands of the Philippines.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Another Thought on Giving

A lady who attends my church runs a wonderful outreach program for the needy in our community.  She takes donations of about any thing, and has become a real blessing throughout the city.  So it's not unusual that when we have some extra things to load them up in my little pickup and haul it all over to her facility.  That's what I was doing yesterday.  The only "problem" in going there is that I usually end up in a lengthy conversation with one of the volunteers there.
It's not the volunteer's fault . . . I happen to like talking, so I'm the one guilty of excessive chatting.  Anyway . . . so I was in the middle of a conversation when I mentioned my upcoming trip to the Philippines.  The volunteer was immediately interested in what I would be doing there.  Then he told me that he has been looking for some worthy projects to donate money to . . . and that my work in the Philippines sounded like something he would be very interested in supporting.  Who would have guessed?  I think my point should be obvious . . . don't ever underestimate what God might have prepared for you.  When I loaded up my truck, I just figured it would be another day . . . go drop off the stuff, chat for a while, go home, and do whatever. Instead, I met a wonderful person that God introduced into my life who is willing to help support my cause. 

Giving . . . it's a wonderful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment