The Mission

I've been so touched by the people of the Philippines -- I will be traveling to the Philippines many times over the next several years, helping with special needs children, helping Christian schools with curriculum and staff development, and even getting some new schools started. Along the way I will be helping local churches by providing school supplies for the children, as well as Bibles and other needs of the church. Join me as I help spread the Good News of Jesus Christ while helping to educate many of the "throw-away" kids of Bohol and the Central Visayan islands of the Philippines.

Friday, February 10, 2012

You Never Know . . .

In less then 48 hours I will be on an airplane to the Philippines.  I have just a few minor things to purchase before I leave, but otherwise, I'm ready to go.

So this past few days I've been working for a temp agency that provides staffing to retail merchandisers.  I was  helping with the "reset" of an automotive supply store here in Albuquerque, essentially moving stuff from one part of the store to another.  Because I have worked in the retail environment before, the work was relatively simple -- the standing on a concrete floor for eight hours a day was not . . . just ask my feet.

Yesterday, I was busy stocking my assigned section.  There was another worker, a gentleman who was a full time employee of the auto parts store, who was restocking shelves next to me.  We began to chat with each other, and so I revealed to him my upcoming trip to the Philippines.  He stopped and immediately came over to me.  "Tell me more," he said.  And so I explained the trip, what I would be doing, and so on.  Then he revealed to me that he was the pastor of a local independent church, and that he would really like to have me come to his church to speak to his congregation when I return.  I accepted the offer, so when I return I will schedule a Sunday to visit his church.

You never know who you are talking to, and you never know what will come out of meeting someone.  I'm looking forward to the chance to speak to his congregation.  You never know whom else I might meet.  You just never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment