The Mission

I've been so touched by the people of the Philippines -- I will be traveling to the Philippines many times over the next several years, helping with special needs children, helping Christian schools with curriculum and staff development, and even getting some new schools started. Along the way I will be helping local churches by providing school supplies for the children, as well as Bibles and other needs of the church. Join me as I help spread the Good News of Jesus Christ while helping to educate many of the "throw-away" kids of Bohol and the Central Visayan islands of the Philippines.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Last Entry Until My Return

I think this will likely be my last post until I return to the US.  I will leave Ubay this afternoon and travel back to Sierra Bullones.  The church building is complete, at least as far as we will take it.  From this point onward, it is up to the local pastor and members to decorate and personalize as they see fit.  We will have a building dedication this evening.  The baptistery will be filled tonight and they anticipate at least six baptisms.  The church in Sierra Bullones has been blessed by having a large number of attendees, approximately 80 people in all.
Cots with mosquito netting

On Thursday morning we will put on our "tourist" hats and travel to see the chocolate hills, the tarsier monkey and a butterfly farm.  From there, we will travel to Tagbilarin and enjoy a leisurely cruise on one of the Loboc River floating restaurants. After that, we will catch the ferry to Cebu and spend the night there.  On Friday morning we will again don our tourist garb and visit the Cebu market for souvenir shopping and sightseeing.  Then in the evening we will depart for Cebu International Airport on Mactan Island and prepare for our return flights to the US.

Rain clouds rolling in on Sierra Bullones
I'm ready to go home.  The hospitality here has been wonderful and the people are so kind and beautiful, but I confess that I miss my own bed.  My wife has been struggling to take care of her mother, who had fallen and cracked some ribs shortly after I left for the Philippines.  She will need a break and a shoulder to rest on.

I'm also ready to come back to the Philippines.  My visit to the Icthus Christian Academy here in Ubay has been very interesting.  It has great potential and the people who are operating the school take great pride and care in what has been entrusted to them.  My plate was full before I visited this school . . . now my plate is overflowing. I'm  very uncertain as to which way to turn, so going home and having some time to think and process my experiences will be very important to me.  At this point I really don't need any more  new ideas . . . I'm going to be hard-pressed to deal with all of the information I all ready have.
Dining tent

I will arrive back in Albuquerque Saturday around noon.  I'm sure that my family will be glad to see me again and to learn about my experiences.  And I think I'd like to take a nap.  I'll miss the roosters crowing though . . . never thought I would say that!

I will post some new articles on Sunday . . . maybe not until Monday.  Until then, Bye bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment