The Mission

I've been so touched by the people of the Philippines -- I will be traveling to the Philippines many times over the next several years, helping with special needs children, helping Christian schools with curriculum and staff development, and even getting some new schools started. Along the way I will be helping local churches by providing school supplies for the children, as well as Bibles and other needs of the church. Join me as I help spread the Good News of Jesus Christ while helping to educate many of the "throw-away" kids of Bohol and the Central Visayan islands of the Philippines.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Home Again, Home Again

Well I made it back home without incident.  It's a very long flight between the Philippines and the USA.  I'm not sure how long it will take for my "internal clock" to adjust itself back to New Mexico time.

Regardless of the travel time, my experience in the Philippines was absolutely incredible.  I feel very blessed by all of the people I met, the things I saw and the experiences I encountered.  My only regret is not being able to stay longer. Now comes the task of analyzing all of the information and of course, staying in constant prayer throughout the process.  I hope within a few days to have a preliminary "package" put together so that I have a starting point.  From there, I intend on inviting a few people to look at my ideas and offer comments and suggestions.

The completed project at Sierra Bullones
I was reading more of Jon Acuff's book Quitter while on the flight home.  It's been interesting to see how his writings have paralleled my experiences and thoughts about mission work in the Philippines.  I will add more about that in a later post -- at the moment, my mind and body are trying to figure out whether I'm supposed to be awake or asleep, and that seems to be interfering with my creative writing "juices".  It is 6 am here (9 pm in the Philippines).  I'd go back to bed, but I need to leave for church in just two hours, and so I will force myself to stay awake a while longer.  An afternoon nap will be a sure bet!

No comments:

Post a Comment