The Mission

I've been so touched by the people of the Philippines -- I will be traveling to the Philippines many times over the next several years, helping with special needs children, helping Christian schools with curriculum and staff development, and even getting some new schools started. Along the way I will be helping local churches by providing school supplies for the children, as well as Bibles and other needs of the church. Join me as I help spread the Good News of Jesus Christ while helping to educate many of the "throw-away" kids of Bohol and the Central Visayan islands of the Philippines.

Monday, April 2, 2012

Slowly But Surely

I've never liked lessons in patience . . .  they always take so long to learn!  If I had things my way, I would have already completed my first round of fund-raising for the Philippines and would be planning the second round.  Although some of the funds have become available, I've much more to do.  The lesson for me to learn here (and it's one I've gone through before) is that God will do things in His time, not mine.  He will use me and others to make things happen, but it will always be according to His schedule and not ours.

I don't want to speak too soon, but I do have a former high school classmate who is trying to raise some support for a project that I asked her to consider.  I'm hoping that she will have some success.  It's really  nice to have people from your past who are willing to join you in your passion.

Pastor David with some children and leaders of
Chocolate Hills Christian Church - one of the churches
I want to support.  
I'm not a fund raiser, so it's a challenge for me to approach people to ask for support.  But I am slowly getting better at it -- I just need to let my passion for the children of the Philippines "ooze" out whenever possible.  I have a few more people on my list to approach.  Then comes the harder part . . . finding people whom I don't know to add to my contact list.  Pray that people will find their way into my path, that I will have the ability to recognize them for their potential to support my projects, and that I will have the wisdom to approach them with credibility and sincerity and whatever else it is that I need that will convince them to offer assistance.  

No comments:

Post a Comment