The Mission

I've been so touched by the people of the Philippines -- I will be traveling to the Philippines many times over the next several years, helping with special needs children, helping Christian schools with curriculum and staff development, and even getting some new schools started. Along the way I will be helping local churches by providing school supplies for the children, as well as Bibles and other needs of the church. Join me as I help spread the Good News of Jesus Christ while helping to educate many of the "throw-away" kids of Bohol and the Central Visayan islands of the Philippines.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Some New Pics

You don't realize while you're there, but I don't think one can ever take enough photographs while visiting new and exciting places . . . like the Philippines.  I thought that between the pictures I had taken, along with those by two other people, that I would never run out of interesting pictures . . . well, it seems that we all took pictures of the same things!  Go figure.  Anyway, I received an email today from my brother in Ubay, Bohol . . . Brother Nemesio Carbonilla, the founder of the Icthus Christian Academy.  Attached to the email were many many new pictures from my visit there.  I had managed to leave my camera in Sierra Bullones and so was not able to take pics of my  side trip to Ubay and the school there.  Fortunately, Nemesio and his daughters had cameras rolling the whole time, so I now have additional pictures and stories to tell.  Yah!

Me, addressing the students of the Icthus Christian Academy
This first picture I'd like to share with you is during my visit to the Icthus Christian Academy.  I was honored by being asked to speak to the students there.  Of course, I didn't know that I was going to speak to them, and so didn't dress the way I would have if I had known in advance . . . oh well.  (the shirt I am wearing is a Filipino 3X . . . skin tight for me!)  The students were really attentive.  My experience with most kids is that they don't always act like they are listening or "getting" the message, but this group really attended to my words.  I just hope that I made sense, given the difference in cultures.   Regardless, it was a wonderful and rewarding experience for me, and I am grateful to have more photos of my visit there.

No comments:

Post a Comment