The Mission

I've been so touched by the people of the Philippines -- I will be traveling to the Philippines many times over the next several years, helping with special needs children, helping Christian schools with curriculum and staff development, and even getting some new schools started. Along the way I will be helping local churches by providing school supplies for the children, as well as Bibles and other needs of the church. Join me as I help spread the Good News of Jesus Christ while helping to educate many of the "throw-away" kids of Bohol and the Central Visayan islands of the Philippines.

Monday, April 30, 2012

Another Opportunity

Children eating at the Chocolate Hills Christian Church
I've always enjoyed Vacation Bible School.  It is one of those events that children look forward to -- the games, the activities, singing and much more.  Just recently, the Chocolate Hills Christian Church held its VBS, with over 85 kids in attendance and 4 baptisms at the conclusion. Surely many seeds were planted!

The Sierra Bullones Christian Church will hold its first VBS in May of this year.  I haven't heard any estimate on how many children they are expecting . . . I will let you know as soon as I hear a number.  Someone has already stepped-up and purchased the materials needed for the lessons.  Pastor Jose and his VBS staff are also hoping that someone will provide some financial support for meals for the children.  If the event is as successful as the VBS at the Chocolate Hills church, the need will be around $150US.  If there is anyone who be interested in being a part of this exciting opportunity to reach out to kids in this community, send me an email or give me a call:  sandz_enterprises@yahoo.com  or 505-321-8328.

Some of the children of the Sierra Bullones Christian Church

No comments:

Post a Comment