The Mission

I've been so touched by the people of the Philippines -- I will be traveling to the Philippines many times over the next several years, helping with special needs children, helping Christian schools with curriculum and staff development, and even getting some new schools started. Along the way I will be helping local churches by providing school supplies for the children, as well as Bibles and other needs of the church. Join me as I help spread the Good News of Jesus Christ while helping to educate many of the "throw-away" kids of Bohol and the Central Visayan islands of the Philippines.

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Where's My Rooster?

It's amazing.  I spent only two weeks in the Philippines, but I quickly became accustomed to waking up at the crowing of the local rooster.  I really miss it.  I told my wife, either she lets me go back to the Philippines or I'm gonna by a rooster!  Well . . . neither has happened.  I'm still holding out for the return trip to the Philippines -- I think my neighbors might having something to say about the rooster.

Children in front of the Sierra Bullones church
On the bright side . . . I have received several photos from my friends at the Sierra Bullones and the Chocolate Hills Christian Churches.  I enjoyed spending time with some of the children in these photos.  To the right is my friend, Novelinda, whom I have been communicating with to help support church programs for these children.  They just finished a Vacation Bible School at the Chocolate Hills church, resulting in four baptisms!  I will be interested in seeing if  they have a few other decisions in the coming weeks, as some times it takes a while for it to sink in what it means to accept Christ as their Lord.

I got to help some of these kids by sending a little money to cover the cost of meals.  My friends are so excited about getting even the smallest gift to help their ministry -- I really want to do more for them because I know how appreciative they really are.

I was supposed to get a delivery of balikbayan boxes today, but they haven't shown up yet.  I will give them a call on Monday -- I'm not in a rush, but I do want to get these boxes out in front of potential donors.

I'm also looking into the price of a rooster . . . perhaps I can find something on Craigslist?

No comments:

Post a Comment