The Mission

I've been so touched by the people of the Philippines -- I will be traveling to the Philippines many times over the next several years, helping with special needs children, helping Christian schools with curriculum and staff development, and even getting some new schools started. Along the way I will be helping local churches by providing school supplies for the children, as well as Bibles and other needs of the church. Join me as I help spread the Good News of Jesus Christ while helping to educate many of the "throw-away" kids of Bohol and the Central Visayan islands of the Philippines.

Monday, April 9, 2012

Proud To Be Involved!

I've been back from the Philippines for nearly six weeks -- seems  like just a few days ago.  I am really pleased to hear the good news coming out of the Philippines -- Pastor Jul from Panaytayon just reported to me that they had twenty baptisms this past week!  Pastor David and his team in Carmen are preparing to hold a vacation Bible school in another week, and they have received funds for that project.  I was hoping to support them in that effort, but the money has not made itself available.  Novelinda from Carmen mentioned to me just last night that they need some support for a program to feed the children who will be attending the VBS program . . . so I am going to send some support from my own pocket to do that -- it's just $150, and it will feed a whole lot of kids -- but since I've just gone back to work myself, the money is still a little tight.   I hope I can get some additional help with all of these little projects.

Pastor Jul baptizing new believers!
I am really pleased when I find out what wonderful things the Filipino pastors are doing in their homeland.  I know they are working hard and are living on the edge of existence.  Wish I could do more.  Wish I could be there with them.  There is so much to do.

I will keep trying.  I will keep praying.  Somehow I know this will work out.  Please join me in praying for these dedicated workers for our Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment