The Mission

I've been so touched by the people of the Philippines -- I will be traveling to the Philippines many times over the next several years, helping with special needs children, helping Christian schools with curriculum and staff development, and even getting some new schools started. Along the way I will be helping local churches by providing school supplies for the children, as well as Bibles and other needs of the church. Join me as I help spread the Good News of Jesus Christ while helping to educate many of the "throw-away" kids of Bohol and the Central Visayan islands of the Philippines.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Seeking Wisdom

I went to breakfast at the church this morning.  There were about 20 men there.  Some arrived as early as 5:30 in the morning to start preparing our meal.  Others wandered in a little after 7:00.  The food was good.  The fellowship was enjoyable.  The prayer time was significant.

Widsom: understanding what to do with knowledge
I've realized something over the past few weeks.  I have the wisdom for some things, but not for others.  For instance, I feel very confident to work with the Icthus Christian Academy helping them to modify their instruction for special needs children.  I also am very comfortable with working the teachers and administration in developing basic screening procedures to identify students with learning disabilities and so on.  I feel confident to work with the teachers about examining different learning styles, spiritual gifts and more.  There may be other things they would like to work on that I don't know about yet.  Still, I think I can do this all within a four to five month period, with two of those months working directly with the school there in Ubay.

What I don't have the wisdom for is determining how to get the funds together to take care of my family's needs while I am preparing to go and while I am gone, for the travel to and from, and to cover expenses while I am there.  Some where in the midst of all of this, I'm supposed to be finding a job.  Trust me . . . it's difficult enough to find work with the economy as it is.  It is even more difficult to find an employer who will allow me to take off for 8 to 10 weeks so that I can do my "missionary thing".
Icthus Christian Academy - ongoing construction

So as the men this morning were sharing prayer needs, I offered mine much like I've written it above.  There was some serious prayers for health issues and for jobs, for raising children, and to be strong men of God.  I need to gather some of these men around me . . . I think they may have the wisdom I am lacking.  By working together, I am hoping that my prayers will be answered, so that I can return to the Philippines to provide for the needs of students and teachers alike.  Please keep me in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment