The Mission

I've been so touched by the people of the Philippines -- I will be traveling to the Philippines many times over the next several years, helping with special needs children, helping Christian schools with curriculum and staff development, and even getting some new schools started. Along the way I will be helping local churches by providing school supplies for the children, as well as Bibles and other needs of the church. Join me as I help spread the Good News of Jesus Christ while helping to educate many of the "throw-away" kids of Bohol and the Central Visayan islands of the Philippines.

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Back In The USA

This will be short.  I left Manila on Dec 5th.  I arrived in Guam on Dec 6th.  I arrived in Hawaii on Dec 5th.  I arrived in Albuquerque on Dec 6th.  I think getting over the jet lag is going to be rough.

I have several other articles to write regarding this latest trip, but I'm so wiped out from the travel that it will be a day or two before I get anything new posted.  I hope that Friday is productive, both here on the blog and also on my writing-for-a-living work.

Other than the jet lag, my trip home was uneventful.  Well, I confess I was a little annoyed at the number of times I went through airport security screenings.  I'm grateful for a system that wants to keep travelers safe, but I was searched four different times -- it seemed that no one knew who had been screened and who had not.  But if that is the worse that happened, I think I did just fine.

More tomorrow -- I'm eating dinner and then headed for bed a little early.  I don't know what time I will wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment