The Mission

I've been so touched by the people of the Philippines -- I will be traveling to the Philippines many times over the next several years, helping with special needs children, helping Christian schools with curriculum and staff development, and even getting some new schools started. Along the way I will be helping local churches by providing school supplies for the children, as well as Bibles and other needs of the church. Join me as I help spread the Good News of Jesus Christ while helping to educate many of the "throw-away" kids of Bohol and the Central Visayan islands of the Philippines.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A Short Diversion

The Angels Acts of Kindness donation center.
I am glad to be home.  Although I miss the Philippines already, I know that being home and dealing with local needs is just as important as helping those on the other side of the world.  In between doing some ghost writing and spending time with the family, I am also helping out with a local charity -- Angels Acts of Kindness.  This Albuquerque-based non-profit has been gathering all sorts of toys, housewares and clothing to give to those families who are in need.  Although the majority of my time is being spent as security for the donation site, I am also playing "go-for" and jumping in where ever a hand is needed.

Novielinda and one of the children from Datag.
That doesn't mean that I'm not still working on projects for school children in Bohol.  In fact, the church at Datag is weighing very heavy on me at the moment. I don't usually "beg" for a donation, but I did already, kind of, sort of did on Facebook today.  Oh well . . . it's just that the small group of people who are trying to do some  good things for the kids in that church are struggling as well.  So to have a little Christmas program and provide some nominal gift for the kids should not really be a big project to accomplish . . . but it seems that bringing in a dollar for each child is asking too much.  It's frustrating -- not only for me, but also for those who are there working directly with the children.

Anyway - that's where I am and what I'm doing. I am still hoping for a return to Bohol the end of March or beginning of April . . . but there may also be a reason to go back in mid-February -- it has something to do with Datag.  Pray for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment