The Mission

I've been so touched by the people of the Philippines -- I will be traveling to the Philippines many times over the next several years, helping with special needs children, helping Christian schools with curriculum and staff development, and even getting some new schools started. Along the way I will be helping local churches by providing school supplies for the children, as well as Bibles and other needs of the church. Join me as I help spread the Good News of Jesus Christ while helping to educate many of the "throw-away" kids of Bohol and the Central Visayan islands of the Philippines.

Friday, November 2, 2012

Arrived in Camiguin

I originally thought I would be staying for a day or two in Cagayan de Oro in the northern part of Mindinao, but one of the first lessons you learn doing missionary work is to be flexible.  I was in CDO long enough to be wisked away from the airport to the ferry dock - maybe 20 mins.  We were on the "fast boat" to Camiguin within an hour of arriving at the port.  It was a reasonably good trip -- both the flight from Manila to CDO and the ferry to Camiguin.

I had dinner tonight with Nemesio Carbonilla and his family.  It was a very pleasant evening, I just wish I wasn't so tired and could have enjoyed more of their hospitality.   Even now I am planning on only a summary of my day's activities, as my eyes are quickly shutting down -- and my adapter for my laptop doesn't fit in the wall socket here, so I my computer will be shutting down too if I keep on writing.  If I can find a file to shave down the wider prong on the adapter it will work just fine . . . finding the file may be the bigger issue.

I'm spending the next couple of  nights in a very a nice "resort".  The Filipinos call it a resort -- most Americans would disagree.  It is simple and quaint -- the Air Con works and the bed is firm and acceptable. The shower . . . well, it is cold water again, but that is life in the Philippines -- I can handle it.  You just don't spend as much time wasting water, that's all.  Breakfast is provided for two, so Nemesio will join me in the morning for a bite to eat.  After that we will tour the island. I will shoot some video and take some photos to include in tomorrow's blog.

That's it for tonight - but tomorrow . . .  Camiguin: Paradise on Tour!  or something to that effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment