The Mission

I've been so touched by the people of the Philippines -- I will be traveling to the Philippines many times over the next several years, helping with special needs children, helping Christian schools with curriculum and staff development, and even getting some new schools started. Along the way I will be helping local churches by providing school supplies for the children, as well as Bibles and other needs of the church. Join me as I help spread the Good News of Jesus Christ while helping to educate many of the "throw-away" kids of Bohol and the Central Visayan islands of the Philippines.

Friday, May 18, 2012

A New World Mission Builders Project

Location of new church near Ubay
When I was visiting the Icthus Christian Academy in Ubay, I had the opportunity to visit the site of the next World Mission Builders church project.  It's a beautiful location.  I don't remember the exact size of the property, but it was a large site, lined with coconut trees on one side, bananas on the other, and taro (a potato-like root crop).  The church that will be meeting on the site is a part of a very rural community.  There is no town or village there.  Just a crossroad.  But the people who live in the community are very committed members of the congregation.  When I visited the location in the middle of the week, there was a mother and her daughter sitting under a tree.  The daughter was practicing some songs that she was going to sing at church the coming Sunday.  I was curious where the "church" met at -- they met right there, under that tree.

As I write this, World Mission Builders is there at that site, constructing a church building.  They've never had that before.  I think they may have met in someone's home if the weather was bad, but this building would be their first permanent meeting place.  I'll bet they still gather under that tree once in a while . . . just because it's a beautiful picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment